Saturday, February 2, 2008

sick day(s)

Well, I think I finally caught whatever germs were floating around work and both sides of our family. I very rarely get knocked-off-your-feet sick, but this is aches, pains, crackers, juice, sleeping all day and sleeping some more. I slept all day yesterday off and on around two movies, and my big accomplishment so far today has been giving myself and the dog a bath. Of course, that means a bath and then straight back into jammies and bed, waiting for Matt to bring home more dayquil. Yay. Luckily, I already had yesterday off work, but had to call in today. Hopefully I'll be mostly cleared up by tomorrow.

Thursday night, driving home from work, I was listening to an old Jennifer Knapp cd and heard a really beautiful acoustic guitar song of hers that I've always really loved. I listened to the lyrics closely, and they were really encouraging to me because of the tough week I've had. I'm still trying to wade through all of the emotions and questions and crying out to God over losing my Mom. Here are the words to the song:

He is my Light and my Salvation
Whom have I to fear?
in His secret place I'll hide and pray
that I might hear a simple word

Oh, how I would have despaired
if You had not come found me there
Ican lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace

And when my enemies draw near
Ipray that they will find
that i'm protected and secure
all tempests He will bind with a mighty word

Oh, how I would have despaired
if You had not come found me there
I can lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace

He is my Light and my Salvation whom have I to fear?

It's a really simple song, but it's very beautiful and definitely worth a download if you're able to do that. I think for now I'm going to gather up my crackers and juice and head back to bed (or at least the couch!).

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear your so sick!! ICK!!! I'm praying you'll be back on your feet SOON. Jason also got sick yesterday and has been sick on the couch all day today. Unlike you, he is NOT watching The Devil Wears Prada, but was instead watching Duke basketball. (;

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds, hope your back on the mend soon; I'm sure your immune system has taken quite a hit; I LOVE Jennifer Knapp too; she always seems very human ,real and honest ( as do you) Love ~ hugs ~ blessings

~~There is one thing you must remember ; you are braver than you believe ~~ Pooh