Saturday, August 22, 2009

9 Months Old!

Because I'm so grossly behind in updating Kenna's baby book, I hope you won't mind another post about everything she's up to. I used to laugh about people writing baby-obsessed blogs, but I find it's so much easier to update her baby book if I have everything basically done for me by writing it all in the blog! Be careful what you criticize- one day it could be you!

Kenna turns 9 months old tomorrow, and that makes my head spin! When people ask how old she is and I stop to say "almost 9 months!" I feel like I am talking about someone else's almost-toddler, not my little baby girl! It is so amazing to watch her new discoveries everyday. Each day follows a general pattern pretty closely (diaper, bottle, nap, play, diaper, lunch, etc...) but the ordinary is always punctuated with something incredible... such as watching her experience rain falling on her for the first time when we walked from the car to the store and it started sprinkling. Sometimes it's something big, like realizing she is basically crawling! Sometimes it's something small like a little face she makes at me, or when she reaches out to me and says momma. Nothing beats that.

This little girl plays hard and sleeps harder. We always have to sneak back in after she's asleep to put the covers on her, she kicks them all off while sleeping.
It's hard to believe that big, long girl in the crib was once this tiny, swaddled newborn, not much bigger than her teddy bears! (at 6 weeks old)
She usually plays on the floor with her toys while I catch up on emails and blogs in the morning while I eat my breakfast after she's had hers. The other day I saw out of the corner of my eye that she had figured out how to turn the basket over and have all the toys at once! She was so proud of herself after I "caught" her.
She still loves being in the water of any kind. She loves her floatie in the pool, and loves bathtime! Now that she's getting the hang of kicking around in the pool, she's started to kick even more in the bathtub, and we usually end up getting soaked too.
Kenna is definitely making me believe the old adage that most babies focus on developing in one area and let the others slide for awhile. She is definitely focused on the vocal! Usually this little one is only quiet when she's sleeping! A large majority of the time, no matter where we are or what else is going on, Kenna is babbling, talking, singing, or making some kind of baby noise. It also usually gets louder and funnier when she's trying to avoid falling asleep (we call it sleepfighting). It is absolutely hilarious and adorable.

We are incredibly blessed by this sweet good-natured girl!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

We are blessed to have such a sweet girl in our family! I can't help but smile from ear to ear when I look at her pictures with that HUGE gorgeous smile! She is full of joy and can't help but pass it on to others.