Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Teething.

For about a week, Kenna has had some cold symptoms and some terrible un-Kenna-like behavior. When we caught her trying to pull her own ears off her head, I took her to the pediatrician to make sure she didn't have an ear infection, to be reassured that she was "just teething" and that four teeth were definitely on their way. Apparently, all at once.

After a nice big struggle to get this super cranky wee one to take a nap this morning, I literally laughed out loud when I saw this picture:
because that is pretty much how I feel.

I can keep my patience with her pretty well because I know she's in pain, and I know she's frustrated at not being able to understand why she's in pain or communicate that she's in pain. But there's only so much whining, cranky-shrieking, and temper tantrums all day long that one mommy can take. I feel a little house-bound because I don't want to subject the world (or myself) to one embarrassing public melt-down after another.

Thankfully, motrin is helping. And baby orajel, and frozen bananas and popsicles and frequent naps (sometimes one for Mommy too, if I can swing it). And a loving Daddy who comes home after work and class and is understanding and compassionate. And most of all, a heavenly Father who hears and understands the cries and complaints of his children, and promises the He gives us everything we need for life and godliness (2nd Peter 1:3)- including the patience and grace my child needs that I can't provide in my own strength.

Any other mommies having it rough this week? Big hugs, plentiful naps, and happy babies to you!

No comments: