Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Photo A Day- August

I've been trying to think of a practical way to get back into blogging. I'm not sure when or why, but somewhere in the past 6 months at least, I've fallen out of love with documenting our days here on this little space (I'm sure it has nothing to do with going from mommy to one busy little person to two...)

What appeals to me most about websites like twitter, facebook, etc. is the ease with which you can share a quick thought and photo. So I've decided for a little while at least, one whole month, I'm going to take a picture and be sure to blog a little something about our day, every day. Even when in the moment it seems like something truly ordinary or even mundane, I know I'll look back someday on these days and wish I remembered more, wish I had documented more, wish I had savored more. Even if most of the photos are blurry cell phone shots, maybe this is a way I can do that.

Here is our day one:
In the midst of a rainy evening, I (attempted) took Kenna and Finn to Chick-Fil-A to support their "Appreciation Day." I say attempted because we never actually made it- the line was backed up about a mile away to even turn into the shopping center! In the process of turning around, we stopped at a red light and I noticed the biggest rainbow I've seen in a long time! I pointed it out to Kenna and it took her a few minutes to see it- she loves rainbows (particularly because of her favorite show right now, My Little Pony, and the character called Rainbow Dash) and was so thrilled to see one!

I look forward to teaching her someday soon about the real meaning behind rainbows from Genesis 9 and the promise from God that they represent:

 12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 
13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 
14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 
15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 
16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

No comments: