Monday, July 14, 2008

Perfect Gift

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."
James 1:17 NIV/NASB

We had an absolutely fantastic day at our ultrasound today! The results of the vote are that 66% percent of you thought it was a girl, and you were right! The good and perfect gift the Lord decided to bless us with is
A GIRL!!!
Our awesome ultrasonographer, Judy, told us that she believed 100% it is a girl. She did Leanne and Sandy's ultrasounds as well when Ansley was born, and as of then (4 years ago) she had never been wrong once! And yes, that's our little one's bootie up there for all to see... hopefully it's the last time she'll be naked on the internet! :)

(ps- I forgot to add the other ultrasound picture yesterday- this is the one of her little face!)

We are both adjusting a little bit, since we were both pretty convinced it was a boy, but we couldn't be more excited about our little Baby K. As Matt said, today did really make it feel a little more real... now it's not just a baby on the way, but our daughter who is coming, and coming soon! I'm really excited too of course, to start buying some pink things I've had my eye on.

We got to spend about 15 or 20 minutes (or at least it felt that long, I wasn't exactly watching the clock!) just looking at our little one swim around and seeing how healthy she is. She weighs 11 ounces, and her heartbeat was a nice calm 153. We got to see her little feet and hands, and Judy measured the ventricles of her heart as we watched them beat. I even found out that the reason I haven't been feeling many kicks is because I have an anterior placenta, which just means the placenta is in front of the baby, between her and my belly. Basically it's like a little pillow protecting me from any hard kicks! We also agreed to join a trial study for UNC where they measure you to see if you are likely to go into pre-term labor. Judy measured me, and apparently Baby K will have a nice long path to travel (and that's supposed to be a good thing?). It is a little daunting to see how big the baby's head looks compared to the little tunnel she has to come out of. It's still hard to believe that in a little over 4 more months we will get to meet her!

11 comments:

Beth Anne said...

MANY, MANY congratulations!!!! I cannot wait to meet sweet baby K in a few months :) Love to both of you!

Tara said...

Congratulations! A little girl:) We saw the "3 lines" too, and the ultrasound techs were right with our Natalie. So excited that your little girl is healthy and measuring just the way she should be! Congrats again! Pink, pink, pink!

Alisa said...

I am LOV-LOV-LOVING the pink shower invitations! (: YAY PINK! (: It goes without saying that we cannot wait to meet our sweet little niece. K???? I'm just drawing a blank here...... any hints you'd like to drop would be appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

thanks Ladies! It's taking me a minute, I so honestly thought it was a boy... but of course, I am THRILLED to have a girl!

C. said...

so i looked at the tea stain again (we don't clean our house much) and I misread it. what can i say? it's not an exact science. lol. anyhoo, i am super excited for you two! and matt, they make camo for girls, too! i'll make sure and send you some! congrats! i'll continue praying for safety and now for little K. let me know if there is anything i can do.

Weiseth's said...

Hey, I just jumped back into the blogosphere and came across your page from BA! WOW! Congratulations on the baby girl! That's so rad, what a blessing. Can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy!

Alisa said...

Linds,

You mentioned not feeling "many" kicks yet....I didn't realize you were feeling ANY kicks! You need to update your faithful readers on what it feels like!!! (:

Even though my placenta wasn't in the way, I still wasn't feeling movement yet. So don't worry.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on A BABY GIRL. It's just not fair that you will say "Baby K" and nothing else! I don't know if I can wait but I know you'll make us all wait!! Poor little baby is not going to have her name on anything when she's born. I guess I'll just have something with Baby K on it! LOL!! We'll see you guys soon!!

Tracey said...

congratulations guys! we are really excited for you. it will be neat to both have little girls in just a few months! hope to see ya'll soon!

Tracey said...

by the way - this is Tracey and Asheton :)

Faye Creech said...

So glad it's a girl (lots more pink things to chose from, you know?!) but I agree - are you going to torture us all in suspense over what baby K means??!! Tracey - I didn't know yours was a girl, too - how sweet! And with Brian & Mandy already having a girl I think I see a pattern with you guys! EK is already starting on her "special surprise" for her. Best wishes on all the packing and moving this weekend - let us know if we can help in any way. Take care -
Mrs C :)