Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sort-of First Words!

This week Kenna has said a few things that I guess could technically count as her first words? Every time we go get her out of her crib in the morning or after a nap, Pontouf (our dog) is close at my heels to come check on Kenna- and she is the first thing Kenna looks for when we pick her up. Many times Kenna has said "dah" when looking at or playing with Pontouf, but you never know if she's really trying to say dog or if it's just a babble of excitement. Well, our neighbors have this large beautiful weimaraner named Ash that we see all the time, and today when we walked by her, Kenna pointed right at her and said "dah!" very excitedly. So I think she is trying to say the word dog since she associated it with a dog other than Pontouf.

Also, she really surprised us the other day when she accidentally dropped her paci and said "oh no!" clear as day. It was so cute. Now I try to get her to say it all the time, not just when something has happened. She also has started shaking her head no when she doesn't want something, usually when she doesn't want to eat something we're handing her, or when she knows her diaper is about to get changed. I know the "no!" years can't be far behind!

Now she says or sings it at totally random times and it cracks us up. I was so excited that I was able to get a little video of her saying it after her nap today!


Another funny story... we found our little trickster in her crib like this after one of her bumper ties had gotten just the tiniest little tear in it that I didn't think would be a big deal (my mistake!):
She had torn three of the ties completely off, so she slept for a few days bumperless while I looked for an inexpensive bumper online (which are expensive even if you don't want the whole bedding set!). She's into wrapping things around her shoulders like a cape/scarf... I promise she's not suffocating, I check constantly! When her feet were actually sticking out between the rails I figured I needed to hurry things up (didn't get a picture of that one!).
That same week, God totally blessed us with the exact bumper I had bookmarked online thinking we would get a little bit later when we could afford a new one. I just happened to see it at the end of the aisle at Target, the only one they had, brand new in the package, on clearance for $8 instead of the regular $40 price! Apparently the only reason it was on clearance was because it had been purchased online and then returned, or they are not carrying just the bumpers anymore, only the full bedding sets. So now Kenna is sleeping in style in this cute brown bumper:
It might not seem like a big deal, but God has blessed us so much recently in those completely unexpected ways, big and small! He is such a generous Father! I had this verse on my heart today when thinking about the many ways he provides:

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" -Ephesians 4:20-21

No comments: