Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Expelled"

This Friday an interesting movie is coming to theaters and I am intrigued. It's called Expelled, and the premise is that it is a documentary that chronicles Ben Stein and his "heroic and, at times, shocking journey confronting the world’s top scientists, educators and philosophers, regarding the persecution of the many by an elite few."

The website goes on to state that:

"Ben realizes that he has been “Expelled,” and that educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the “crime” of merely believing that there might be evidence of “design” in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance."

As a Christian and one who takes a literal view of the Bible (including the account of the Creation of the world), I am excited to see this movie. I'll even say that I am hyped about it! I haven't seen it and know nothing outside of the trailer and the review that Christianity Today magazine gave...here! From what I read, I'll be in the theater friday night.

***WARNING*** This movie is PG and is a documentary about how Intelligent Design (ID) is being put down in academic settings, leads to an Intelligent Creator, and Ben Stein (while believing this) is Jewish (i.e. this is not a Christian film, but a film about Intelligent Design). Having said all that...I'll let you know what we think after we see it!

No comments: