Wednesday, April 16, 2008

POSITIVE!

It's funny how one word can change your whole life in a minute... positive! As in a line, a plus sign, a positive pregnancy test!!! (Or five. Just to be sure!)
(In case you need a translation, the plus sign on the top left means pregnant! AND the two lines on the bottom right means pregnant!) All positive!

1 Samuel 1:27-28a "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

I think we probably don't have to tell anyone reading this blog that we are about as excited as we could possibly be! We are so thankful that God worked out our insurance situation, and then blessed us with a baby right away. We give God all the glory and praise for creating this new little life and entrusting it to our temporary earthly care. It's so amazing how He provides for our needs and answers our prayers... we've been praying and wanting to have kids pretty much ever since we got married! Please be praying for us as this little one develops and grows, and as we prepare for the wild ride that is parenthood!

The most exciting part of course, after finding out ourselves, was getting to share the good news with our family! Matt came up with several really creative ways. Last Sunday was Matt's Dad's birthday, so we came up with a gift to share the surprise... a baby-decorated picture frame telling him that the photo to put in it would be arriving sometime in December (the little blocks say 'sweet baby B'):
Matt's sister Leanne is expecting their second baby in September, so this side of the family will have two new little ones very close in age! The family celebrating Dad's birthday and Baby B's announcement at Red Lobster:
This week too, my Dad came into town for a visit and we were able to go out to eat to tell my family the news! We gave our nephew Evan an invitation to a playdate with his new cousin-on-the-way:
Evan is super excited to finally have a Dean/Brogli cousin!

We also added a countdown to the top of the blog to enable you all to count down the days with us! Seven more months sounds like a long time, but I'm sure it will fly by! A few more weeks and the baby will look less like a tadpole and more like a baby. We'll try not to go overboard with all the little details, but please forgive us if this becomes baby-central for a little while. Then again, this is a blog about our family adventures, and this is a big one!

Thanks again for praying for us and sharing in the excitement! Yay babies!

4 comments:

Beth Anne said...

Words can still not express how overly thrilled we are for you!!! What a blessing! We know you will be amazing parents!

I (BA) insist that you update every single little baby thing so I can live vicariously through you! :)

Prayers for everything to come!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I came here via the Creech Family site. She spoke so sweetly of you that I just HAD to come and congratulate you myself.

Your blog reminded me of our own first positive test. What a surreal, joyful-beyond-earthly-word-or-emotion-moment that was!! Almost 8 years and five babies later and it still gives me goosebumps thinking on that morning! God bless you and that little munchkin He is knitting together as I type.

In our family scrapbook, I have a two page spread with just the picture of the test on it in the middle of the page. The only words on the page read "The plus sign that changed our lives forever!"

I'll remember to pray for you. Thanks for giving me a joyful walk down memorsy lane this morning.

Kara McLendon said...

Congratulations Matt & Lindsey!!! What a blessing!

leah said...

Oh my goodness Matt I'm so excited for you and your wife! Babies are such blessings!!